Press "Enter" to skip to content

Reply To: For Ouya Increasing Choice For Devs Means Decreasing Choice For Gamers

Home Forums The Blog For Ouya Increasing Choice For Devs Means Decreasing Choice For Gamers Reply To: For Ouya Increasing Choice For Devs Means Decreasing Choice For Gamers

Perhaps it is my background using Haxe that leads me to believe that creating a single codebase for multiple platforms is simple. In Haxe, you can add platform based blocks of code that are only compiled when targeting that platform. So for an Ouya game, you would add an “if target platform is Ouya execute this paywall code, if not ignore it,” statement at that point. That is how Haxe handles a lot of platform specific functionality.

As for finding the right place to put it, I do know that some developers have had trouble finding that right point. It wasn’t so much as “my game just cannot have any kind of interruption at any point” issue, just a “I can’t find what I feel is a right balance of free content to paid content.” For example the developer behind Bombball. He expressed some difficulty, not in implementing the paywall, but finding the right amount of free content to have. That I understand, but he found the solution through experimentation, something other devs can do as well.