Press "Enter" to skip to content

Reply To: Molehill Mountain Episode 7 – Quietly Into the Night

Home Forums The Blog Molehill Mountain Episode 7 – Quietly Into the Night Reply To: Molehill Mountain Episode 7 – Quietly Into the Night

MechaTama31

Pretty reflective of every article and quote I’ve seen on the topic. When the subject of the backlash against the trailer is brought up, the whole conversation is just misogyny this, gamergate that, nerds are a bunch of assholes, etc. Any other reasons for disliking the trailer, if they are even mentioned at all, are handwaved away. Obviously this includes commentators and personalities who are not working on the movie, but that overall framing of the issue is reinforced, whether explicitly or tacitly, by the people who are. If the only thing you ever talk about is misogyny any time you are asked about the criticism of the trailer, you’re sending a pretty clear message.

It just chaps my ass that real opinions, including mine, get swallowed up in this trumped-up culture war skirmish. It wouldn’t be enough to stop me from going if I thought it looked good, but it’s enough to tip me from “Meh, it might not be as bad as it looks” to “No thanks”.